Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Two Simple Salad Variations

I really do think that my favorite food in the world is salad! Seriously, I really really do love salad. I think what I like most about salads is that you can do so so many variations with it. You can have a plain lettuce and vinaigrette salad, a traditional tossed salad (limited number of vegetables), chef's salad, or...a REAL chef's salad such as: Designer salad, Creative Salad, Artwork Salad!! (Okay, getting carried away here, I agree!)
Anyway, I've decided to blog some of my variations-- My new favorite thing on salads is blueberries--absolutely amazing! And, with salads, I am learning more about how creative God is and why He made us to enjoy food so much. He gave me the taste buds to enjoy His foods. I just need to learn to control my passion!
Salad 1:


This particular salad: green leaf lettuce (NEVER use Iceberg lettuce!! It has no nutritional value, and it is completely tasteless. I know leaf lettuce takes more work as you have to wash it, but buy yourself a spinner (Here's a somewhat pricey one, but you can get them cheaper at Walmart or Target.).
tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, red onions, red pepper, 3oz of grilled chicken, 1oz of babybel cheese, blueberries, and a nut mix. Topped with a light coating of a delicious balsamic vinaigrette.

Salad 2:


This particular salad was super delish as well, but simpler!  This is green lettuce (do I need to get on my soap box again?!) red onion, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, blueberries (again!), grated swiss cheese, and sunflower seeds (another new fav!).  Topped with a light balsamic vinaigrette. 
Result: DELICIOUS, HEALTHFUL, INVIGORATING! Not only is it good and good for you, but it's BEAUTIFUL.

Try something similar and treat your taste buds and your health!
ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. I agree - I LOVE salad. Whenever we go out to eat, that's what I order. Yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete