Monday, February 14, 2011

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

I've always loved V-day!  I think it's one of the best holidays invented!  I know, I know.  People waste TONS of money on stupid flowers and chocolate on Valentine's day.  But, really, in spite of that, I think it makes people slow down and think about the ones they love.  I LOVE Valentine's Day! 

You can ask my mom--it goes way back!  My mom always made Valentine's Day special. She always made us homemade cards, served a special meal, and had us come up with special ways that we could show love to our siblings and our parents on that day but also in ways that would last beyond Valentine's Day itself.
As the years passed, I continued doing special things for Valentine's Day.  I often buy my friends a stuffed animal (that I know they'll throw away, but I do it anyway!!), chocolate, socks...something that will make them smile--even if they think I'm a lunatic.

So, what are your special plans for Valentine's Day?  Are you doing something special for someone?  Are you reminding someone that they are important to you?  Are you letting someone know you care?  Take time today to show those in your life that you care for them.  A quick email, a note in the mail, an e-card, a small gift card to their favorite coffee shop, a phone call, a text message....do something for someone today.  Let someone you care about know that you appreciate them and love them for who they are.

Make Valentine's Day special!

1 comment:

  1. I guess you are a chip off the block-- I still love V day but I have stopped writing poems :-(
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete