Thursday, January 20, 2011

"Cooking Big"

One thing I like to do is "cook big." What I mean by that is to cook large amounts. I made this recipe big, and now, I have a HUGE pot. This is good on multiple levels. 1) I will freeze a bunch of individual meals so that I don't have to think about lunches for school. And, 2) I will freeze at least 1 family size larger amount in a ziplock container to have handy for a meal for a family in need when the opportunity presents itself. I like to always be prepared--makes it much less stressful when I get a call at the last minute that someone "needs a meal, would you mind making one?"
When I get a better picture--i.e. I add the "pretty stuff"--I'll change out the picture.

I didn't have the cilantro and all that stuff to make it look pretty, but I thought I'd post a picture anyway.
In the meantime, check out this website for the recipe and a much prettier/yummier photo. This site is great for new recipe ideas (most of which are fairly simple), and are also light and health conscious. I have become a fan and visit the site nearly daily. I don't always follow her recipes exactly, but she gives great ideas. And, to top it all off.....she gives all the nutritional information making it very easy to know how many calories you're consumming or how many WW points! Definitely worth saving as a "favorite." This recipe is definitely a keeper. Make up a bunch, and have it for days--and it's healthy to boot!
I found this recipe at http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/01/beef-potato-and-quinoa-soup.html .
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for the recipe! Looks really yummy, and since I LOVE soup season and have just discovered that I really like quinoa through you and Mom--but haven't quite got the knack of preparing it--I have copied the recipe and look forward to trying it. :)
    ~r

    ReplyDelete