Friday, December 10, 2010

Swedish Creme

Tonight I had my two French teacher co-workers over.  Actually, we went out for dinner, and then came back here for dessert and to chat around the tree.  It was a nice time of developing relationships for the sake of the Gospel.  I was a bit short on time and remembered this delicious dessert and decided to make it.  I love making "pretty" desserts!

This dessert is courtesy of my dear sister-in-law, Jennie Bixby.
She first introduced me to this on one of my first Christmases away from home.
Talk about "comfort food", this is "comfort food"!
A very simple, fast, and fattening dessert.  (Oops, did I just write fattening?!)
Absolutely decadent!

Swedish Creme
2 c. heavy whipping cream (pretty much anything Jennie makes has heavy whipping cream in it!)
1 c. sugar
1 env. gelatin
1 tsp. vanilla (clear)
1 tsp. almond extract
2 c. sour cream
1 c. frozen fruit
Combine, cook and stir cream and sugar over low heat until 160 degrees. Remove from stove and stir in gelatin, vanilla and almond extract. Cool 10 minutes. Whisk in 2 cups sour cream. Pour in 8 sherbet dishes and chill for 2 hours. Serve with fruit. Serves 8.

I made a little sauce for them because that's what I remember Jennie doing.  However, she doesn't have that in the official recipe!  Take a few raspberries, mash them, add about 1/8 c. water and about 1/4 c. sugar. Bring to boil for about 2 min. Use as fruit topping. Yummy.
Beautiful and delicious!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I think I'll try this sometime....looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is, Amy, and sooooooo easy. People will never think it's so easy because it's so pretty and delicious! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm, love it! Ruth makes it, too. We should all count up our "Jennie recipes" :-) And so glad you could have the French teachers over.

    ReplyDelete