Saturday, December 4, 2010

Photo Shoots!

The past few weeks I have had the opportunity to do three family photo shoots and one bridal shoot.
They were ALL lots of fun! (I do think it's time to invest in a better camera!)
I have grown to love all of these 4 families represented dearly.
The Lodmells have only been in my life for about 2 months, but we connected immediately and have developed a close bond. Crissy and I are amazing alike, and I am awed by God's working in bringing people from other parts of the country/world, completely different backgrounds, and yet because of Christ allowing a friendship to form nearly instantaneously.
The Coles: well, they're just like family by now. It's amazing to me to look back and see the providence of God in allowing our paths to cross, my helping with their wedding and asking for "pay" to visit my brother's church when they settled in Greenville, and then the things that have come about since with their partnering with Tim and Ruth to go to France as missionaries. God truly is amazing!
Vanessa Soon-to-be-McQuinn: well, she's just a cousin! Just a cousin who has become a dear friend. Our first long, serious conversation came shortly after her return from the Philippines. We discussed her short-term missionary adventure, singleness, and marriage. It has been exciting to see God work in her life over the past 1 and 1/2 years and watch as she and Scott began dating. Again, God does amazing things--2 people that would have never met outside of God's obvious working; and they're getting married in just a few days!
The Hansons: well, they are some of my favorite people in the universe. There is nothing like a sister. Though I wasn't thrilled when Brian came into her life and took her away (!), I am so thankful for the wonderful, godly man God gave her and the beautiful family they are creating together for His glory. My sister has taught me so much and has pushed me to greater spiritual heights.
Giving of oneself to others brings about so many incredible blessings.
God is so good!
Clockwise starting top right:
Hanson family, Vanessa Marshall bridal portrait (can't post her, so just posted the flowers and prop!), Lodmell family, and Cole family.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures!! And I agree with you about all of them-- even the Lodmells whom I have never met. If you think they are special, then they must be. Can't wait for you to take pictures here in just 18 days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...what a sweet post, "sis" :-) We consider you family too and love you dearly! Thanks for taking the pics.

    ReplyDelete