Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day Off--Lunch!

I have no pictures to post, but I still want to post about today's lunch.  We have had several new people start attending our church recently.  Whether they end up joining our assembly or not does not matter.  The fact is that they are brothers and sisters in Christ who are looking for a church family and needing to be loved, accepted, and encouraged in the Lord.

Being the daughter of missionary parents, I was taught young to reach out to the "newbies".  I have also been a "newbie" before and know the feeling of being alone in a large group or with a group where everyone already knows each other. 

I Peter 4: 8-10 says:
Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. Be hospitable to one another without complaint. As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

Being hospitable does not necessarily mean having people into your home.  For example: today there was no way that I could have 9 ladies and 11+ kids into my home.  (Well, I could have handled the 9 ladies, but not so sure about the 11-some kids!)  Anyway, I really wanted some of our new ladies to get to know some of our ladies that have been in the church a while longer.

So, though very last minute, I threw together a quick lunch get-together at McDonalds in Spartanburg (in order to have the playland).  It was great to see so many be able to come out short notice and to watch relationships begin to develop and grow. 

My desire: that the friendships that unfold and develop would be iron sharpening iron relationships and that the name of Christ would be magnified as a result.

It was wonderful, and I'm loving the new relationships that I am developing and am so thankful that I can see Christ in them. 

My prayer is that I and each of the ladies would grow in love and use our gifts to serve each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment